A start

Here I am talking to myself again, thinking if I write will I be able to write an original piece or will I sound cliched because it has been really long since I wrote something. I remember sitting in the english class trying to come up with quotations and nice brownie point winning words to impress the teacher and earn a few marks more. But as I grew up the writing habit receded into the background. I was more into reading academic stuff interspersed with a dash of philosophy and biographical works. But the writing habit wouldn't come back. I lost the reading habit too coming into the first year of engineering, when I tried a couple of things. Tried to come first in class, I couln't, tried my hand on a few sports to see if I can make it to the teams, I couldn't. So I turned to my new found hobby of watching movies(as I had got a new laptop from my father, I could view movies at will, God I was so happy!!). Then in my second year of college my cousin and J.K.Rowling reintroduced me to the pleasures of reading. I was so much into Harry Potter that I read the fifth, sixth and seventh books on my laptop as an e-book, never taking my eyes off it. But this got me started and I continued with a couple more.
Now, here I am,engineering is over, my first job is over as well, am back into college for doing my MBA, but that one thought still haunts me that I discontinued my writing habit. With this blog I hope to rekindle that lost flame and try to crawl again in this amazing world of self expression where the boundaries are as limited as your imagination. With this start I hope to continue to discover the amazing worlds that lie inside me and unravel the same to you in an honest way.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Just another cog in the wheel...

My Blog List

  • Yes, i am hurt. very, very deeply - Great stories are building up to something, some sort of a finale. The finale might come in the end or even in the middle sometimes or several times throug...
    3 years ago
  • Checkmate! - To battle is ingrained in the very DNA of life. From the smallest microorganisms to the largest mammals, to the multitudes of marine creatures to avian lif...
    11 years ago
  • The Magic of Being Your Natural Self - *This is a rant of an idealist, set in a very specific B-School Context in India.* With the placements season going on in business schools, the general a...
    14 years ago